Save the Children: Deputy Country Director Vacancy
Deputy Country Director
Abuja, Nigeria (Nigeria)-
Job DescriptionSave the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.6 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
By mid-2013 most of our international programmes will be delivered through a merged operation with 14 000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
As a member of the Nigeria Senior Management team, the Deputy Country Director will have shared accountability for Save the Children's international development and emergency programming in a program of approximately $30 million each year through an organisation of more than 150 staff. You will lead the transformation of Save the Children's programming in Nigeria to a new operating model, whilst also delivering Save the Children's strategy within the country through:
- Delivering quality programmes, including advocacy, for children
- Serving Members and their donors
- Guaranteeing a structured growth of the operational platform and managing new opportunities
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
As a member of the Nigeria Senior Management Team, contribute to strategic and operational development and delivery of international programming, in both humanitarian and development contexts, in line with the Save the Children mandate, strategy and theory of change.
- Deliver transformational change at the country level
- Country Office Oversight
- Country Program Development
- Country Program Representation
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of a first degree in social sciences and an MBA or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a senior leadership role working in an international development context or at a similar level.
- Proven experience of building, leading and developing a team of senior staff with different backgrounds and expertise.
- Proven experience in program development and good knowledge of donors (including multilateral, institutional & corporates) and context in Nigeria.
- Proven experience managing a crisis situation requiring quick changes to priorities and rapid action to respond.
- Proven experience leading change in an organisation which has led to considerable results for the organisation and its stakeholders.
- Track record of building personal networks at a senior level, resulting in securing new opportunities for the organisation.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in.
- Strong skills and expertise in planning, financial and budget management as well as people management.
- Good understanding of operational, financial and support services management processes.
- Good understanding of key trends in international and humanitarian development.
- Commitment to the Save the Children values.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to the link provided
- July 24, 2013 Expires August 22nd,2013
- Management, Project Management, Strategy/Planning
- Nonprofit Organization Management
- Employer Job ID:
- Job ID:
- Apply on Company's website herehttp://www.savethechildren.net/jobs/job-details/591