Job Vacancy for Project Manager.
Job Description for Project ManagerJob Objective
The Project Manager is responsible for the successful design, delivery and implementation of the enterprise business solutions (projects & initiatives). This individual will manage, mentor and lead the team through the entire solution development project lifecycle - from vision to promotion. Through planning, organization, collaboration, strategic guidance, formal process and controls, and good communication, the Project Manager ensures the success of each initiative. This individual possesses a strong background in project management, business solution development, web technologies, development methodologies and leadership. Candidates must have outstanding communication, team building, strategic thinking, creative and technical skills allow the delivery of initiatives on time as well as budget. The Project Manager works closely with the client and management to define and manage expectations, control scope, mentor and lead their team, implement methodology and continually enhance processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in and manage the design, development, and delivery of enterprise-level business initiatives.
- Create accurate project estimates, define the project's approach, create staffing plans, and develop and maintain a precise project plan.
- Define a clear project hierarchy, establish roles and responsibilities identify priorities, manage schedules, and work closely with team members to ensure they are on track.
- Manage and mentor team members and enable them to meet their fullest potential. Foster a positive work environment and form positive relationships internally and externally.
- Act as a liaison between the team and the client. Actively manage scope and eliminate potential slippage by eliminating obstacles - real or perceived - and staying constantly involved in the project.
- Establish and implement reporting, budget tracking, communication, issue resolution, change control and team protocol process standards.
- Offer business and technical insight during the design of the solution and collaborate with the team.
- Author strategic documents that can be used to establish client executive buy-in, identify project ROI and secure sponsorship.
- Provide guidance and work closely with the team and the client to ensure that client expectations are properly set - and then exceeded.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time - and on budget
- "Own" each project; taking a proactive approach developing new ideas and concepts and constantly improving the process.
- Keep current with web technology, management processes, and e-business strategies.
- Perform back up account management duties for each account
- MBA in Management Information Systems, Business Administration or related field
- 3-4 years project management experience in an Information Technology environment
- Project Management or Prince II Certification is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient Computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Team/Project meeting management skills, including preparation, execution and timely documentation of results
- Proven leadership and management skills and experience
- Ability to Multi-task and update technical knowledge regularly
- Knowledge of and experience with systems design and data modelling
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the position title in the subject line.
Finally… And now, to my readers – I hope you enjoyed reading our article? Thanks for reading. Before you go, I’d like you to do 3 things for us:
1. Connect with us: Find us on Facebook (hit the 'like' button when you get there) Find us on Twitter (if you follow us, we will follow you back) and we can connect on LinkedIn
2. Share this article: Help a friend learn more about Project Management from Ritetrac Consulting. Kindly email it to a friend, tweet it, Facebook it, Digg it, Stumble it…
3. Comment: You know I love to see your footprint (comments) to let me know you were here. Please leave me a comment – tell me if you liked or did not like this article. Or what more you will like to read. Again, thanks for reading and I’ll see you on the comments side:)